1. Sitting in a chair with thigh and knee at a 90-degree angle, place the foam box next to the patient’s left foot (non-weight bearing).
2. Place the foot over the center of the foam (heel about 1” from the back of the foam box).
3. Gently grasp the patient’s anklebone. Using your other hand, apply some pressure at the metatarsals and heel. Push down on his/her knee until resistance is met.
4. Once the patient’s metatarsals and heel are all at the same depth (you may use a pen to check the depth), remove the patient’s foot from the foam.
5. Repeat the process for the right foot.
6. Special accommodations may be marked in the foam, gently using a permanent marker. When you have completed this process, make sure to complete the Custom Insert Order Form and place it in the foam box. Although impression foam is being used, a measurement should still be taken of the patient’s feet to ensure proper fit.
You are done!
Our team will analyze, design and craft your custom orthotics, based on your footprint & the information you provided. You will receive your custom orthotics within 12 business days (after we receive your footprint).