Dahl is a leading provider in Minnesota for diabetic shoes. We offer the benefit of in home fittings, consultations, and delivery of inserts and shoes that fit properly. Today's diabetic shoes offer high-quality, stylish, customized comfort and protection for the feet. With a prescription from your doctor, diabetic shoes are typically covered by health insurance on an annual basis.
Bring your prescription for diabetic shoes into the store to get fitted, or we are happy to come to you! Call (612) 334-3149 to set up an appointment or if you have any questions about diabetic shoes and process of getting the.
These comfortable shoes, which are available in hard to fit sizes and widths, are also available for purchase or through waivers.
Diabetes and Your Feet
Diabetes causes nerve damage and reduced circulation that can be hazardous to your feet. Deterioration of your peripheral nerves (doctors call it “neuropathy.”) reduces sensation in your extremities, so you may not feel it when you hurt your feet. Poor blood circulation can also make it difficult for foot injuries and infections to heal. That’s why even a small bump or cut can result in serious consequences if it goes without timely medical attention.
Why Footwear Matters
Well-made, properly fitting footwear can help you avoid complications associated with diabetes, including unnecessary amputations. Dahl Medical Supply offers a complete footwear system and styles for men and women with diabetes.
- The extra width and depth of diabetic shoes alleviate pressure on swollen feet, bunions, hammer toes for a more comfortable fit.
- Supportive, lightweight shoe design protect your feet and helps you stay active.
- Heat-molded inserts personalize the fit of your diabetic shoes.
- Socks promote blood circulation white reducing the moisture and microbial growth that can cause infections.
Slippers & Sandals
- Protect your feet from injury around the house.
Medicare and Medicaid often provide coverage of diabetic shoes and inserts because quality, custom-fit footwear is key to the ongoing foot health of people with diabetes.
What Else You Can Do
To protect your feet against the complications of diabetes, follow these simple tips:
- Carefully bathe and dry your feet daily to prevent infections.
- Avoid walking around barefoot or in open sandals to prevent injuries to your feet.
- Quit smoking to maintain healthy blood circulation.
Click on the PDF for an Rx statement of Certifying Physician & Prescription for Diabetic Shoes and Inserts. Please print and have a certified physician fill out and faxed back and a Dahl Medical Supply representative will contact you to schedule a fitting appointment.